9.23.2010

Book Nerds Wear Glasses

Tonight I went to an open house information session for a master's program in Library Sciences.  I promise I totally paid attention to the speaker and the PowerPoint presentation and looked at the brochures and all that good stuff, but I was actually slightly more fascinated to find that as I surveyed the other potential librarians, I noticed that of the 30 people in the room, only FOUR of them were NOT wearing glasses (and I was not one them).  That's 87% of people wearing glasses.  Does anyone else find this totally weird and unlikely, while at the same time kind of stereotypical and predictable?!

2 comments:

  1. Did you like the session? Was it @ Columbia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, stereotypical and predictable. Were any of the ladies names Marion?!

    ReplyDelete