9.24.2010

Day 24 - Sack-like Jumper!


What I made:
Simplicity 3738 jumper pattern.  Kind of looks like something a little girl would wear, no?
Houndstooth cotton fabric from Hobby Lobby (the examples on the pattern envelope use way better fabric choices than I did - I should have taken a cue from them!).

How I wore it at work today - I think I successfully brought it into 2010 with my styling...
or at least closer than it was! 
When I made it:
Fall 2007, when I first started getting back into sewing again.  I chose this project not for it's stylish-ness (hopefully that's obvious...) but because it was a nice and simple project to get my feet wet again.





What I like about it:
Duh, POCKETS!
The shape of it when cinched in with a belt - very retro and flattering!
And to get a little bit feel-good family sitcom on you, I also like it because of what it represents:  my first tentative step on this journey of making my own wardrobe.  The hem is poorly done and I picked out some weird sort-of green colored buttons for it, but I'll keep it forever just for nostalgia...and possibly force my future teenager daughter to wear it!

2 comments:

  1. The look totally changes when you added the blazer. I really like this look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute--with or without the blazer. I would wear it when I went out to eat Mexican food (lots of room for expansion) :)

    ReplyDelete