9.02.2010

Day 2 - Sort of Questionable, Not That Cute Shirtdress!



What I made:
Project Runway-inspired shirtdress, from a Simplicity pattern that is no longer in print, aka it's so ugly no one wanted to sew it anymore!
Fabric from good ol' Hobby Lobby

When I made it:
Fall 2008. Yes, it took me basically the entire fall season. This dress involved a series of mishaps, like the fact that my machine refused to make buttonholes and instead kept eating my dress, until finally I took it to the alterations place at the mall and had them make the buttonholes for me. And then it took 3 weeks to get it back.


What I like about it:
...not much.
But it does have pockets! I also do like the Mandarin collar.
Honestly, this one is not my finest creation, but sometimes you gotta wear what you gotta wear, and wear it proudly, you know? :)

4 comments:

  1. I think it's crazy I found the same fabric at Hobby Lobby TWO years later!

    Also, I'm wearing a Valerie-made vest today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! You're just your own worst critic :)

    This may be a silly question Val but do you take orders? Ha.

    But Seriously...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam, tell me what you want, and I would do my best to make it...seriously! I think Kendra turned out to be a happy customer... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this dress! One because of the pockets and two because it looks so comfy :-) I agree with Sam, I would love to wear something made by Valerie!

    ReplyDelete