4.17.2012

Me-Made-May 2012

It's been almost a year since my last "Self-Stitched/Me-Made" challenge, but it's baaaaack!

Zoe of So, Zo... has decided to host only one challenge per year from now on, and May is the chosen month.  The gist of these months is to challenge ourselves to wear the garments that we've made, and to wear them proudly.  Here's the whole rundown if you're interested!

The last couple of times I participated, I challenged myself to wearing only clothing that I had either made or altered myself.   While that was definitely a tough goal to live up to, I found that some days I just wore things to wear them and follow the rules, and it felt forced.  So instead, for this year, I decided to scale back to just one Me-Made garment per day (or more, if I want!).  I love to wear my Me-Made clothes (and do almost every day anyway!), but I also don't want to sacrifice my personal style just to achieve something unrealistic.

So, with that said, here is my oath!

'I, Valerie of Threads & Thoughts & Things I Love, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '12. I endeavour to wear at least one me-made garment each day (while still maintaining my regular personal style) for the duration of May 2012'

Consider this your forewarning of outfit post overload in May!

And, if you're interested, here are my the round-ups of my previous challenges:

3 comments:

  1. Yea! May! 31 days of Me-Made instead of 30! And we'll be there for 3 of those days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool!! I can't wait to see all your me-made garments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE outfit post overloads! Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete