This week I took a couple of dresses that weren't doing me any favors, and transformed them into much more wearable tops!
Up first, this really cute striped dress from Modcloth:
I sliced it off about 2/3 of the way down, and used the bottom portion to make one of my latest obsessions: a circle skirt! I attached it to the top portion, and voila - a sweet little peplum!
The second dress is this floral polyester number from H&M:
All I did for this one was cut off the bottom 8 inches and give it a new hem. A top with a little static cling is not nearly as impossible to wear as a whole dress with it! I also felt like the sleeves were a weird, matronly length, so I cut those off as well.