Guys, I love the last episodes of TV shows. Not because I'm glad they're ending, but because I am a gigantic sucker for nostalgia, and series finales bring the nostalgia in spades. Here are 5 of my favorites of all time.
1. Last week, One Tree Hill ended its inexplicably long run on the CW (in fact, when it started, I'm pretty sure it was still called the WB). OTH isn't my favorite show of all time, but it is one that I've watched the longest. It started in 2003 and ran for NINE SEASONS (of which I watched approximately 7.5). Watching the series finale last week, I was a gigantic puddle of hysterical tears. It was just about the greatest ending imaginable for that show and encompassed everything it was about. I mean, the whole cast is belting out the theme song, and Haley is at Karen's Cafe, reading a book she gave to Lucas in the very first episode of the whole series. PERFECTION. (Kendra, only very minor spoilers are ahead, don't worry!).
2. My favorite show of all time, Dawson's Creek, had simultaneously the saddest and happiest series finale I've ever seen. This clip is mostly just the final montage they showed, but it features Dawson's ugly cry at 1:28, which is one of the best things that has ever happened, on TV or in life.
3. The final curtain call of Full House marked the end of my childhood. There hasn't been a family sitcom that can compete with that show's greatness since.
4. As a child of the 90s, I would be remiss not to include the final scene of Boy Meets World, which is pretty phenoms. Although how bad do you want to punch Topanga in the face when she attempts to correct Feeny's grammar?
5. Lastly, an actual grown-up person's show: Friends. At the time, I bawled at this final scene, so perfectly, poignantly funny. Thankfully, we haven't had time to miss the show, since there are approximately 7 reruns a day on various channels.
I even like series finales for shows I've never even seen (for example, this ending to Six Feet Under made me cry, and I've never watched a single episode! I literally don't even know who the characters are!).
What's your favorite series finale of all time? I want to watch!