4.18.2012

Coming Up!

In 8 hours:  Dinner time - which excites me because I'm making homemade salsa!
(It's not even salsa, exactly - just chopped tomato and avocado with a dash of lime juice, salt, and pepper - and for some reason it is insanely delicious with rice and chicken)

In 3 days:  my dear friend Rachel will be running her first full marathon in Kansas City!  She hung with me through a half marathon 3 years ago, and I'm so proud of her dedication to running since then.  She's a running rock star, and I know she's going to dominate that 26.2.

In 15 days:  My parents come for a visit!  We love it when visitors come and we have the excuse to become tourists.  Plus, my mom and I can watch Dancing with the Stars together!!!

In 25 days:  The new season of the Bachelorette begins!  Can't wait to see all the sparkly things Emily wears!

In two months:  4th annual Girls' Trip with all these girls.  We've picked a Colorado outdoor adventure for this year!

In 9 months:  Downton Abbey Season 3  <----THIS CANNOT GET HERE SOON ENOUGH
from
In 1 year and 1 month:  We'll be bidding NYC good-bye.  Time is flying by.

In 1 year and 2 months:  My 10-year high school reunion?!?!!?!
Unfortunately, my hometown was struck with a tornado over the weekend, and it left a lot of destruction.  It was sad to see, but to my delight, when I messaged my best high school girlfriends to see how their families were doing (my parents don't live there anymore), it sparked a long exchange between the four of us!  I forget sometimes how well we know each other, even after all this time.  Next summer hopefully we'll be getting together, whether there is a official "reunion" or not!

In 1 year and 7 months:  Catching Fire will be in theaters!

In 40ish years:  retirement

6 comments:

  1. What a cute countdown! :) But sorry to hear about Woodward and glad that none of your loved ones were harmed!

    Leaving NYC? Where will you go?! Will you be sad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be a little sad! Scott will be finished with dental school next year, and he is in the Air Force, so we will go wherever they send us - who knows! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your retirement pic. I look forward to it everytime! You should put "retirement! with heidi and marshall!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. i refuse to acknowledge what *may* happen in 1 year and 1 month. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go, Rachel! : )
    And now, 12 days till your parents visit!!!
    I'd almost forgot about The Bachelorette starting up soon!
    So glad you get together with all your girlfriends!
    Downton Abbey--I've still only watched Season 1, Episode 1. I need to get busy.
    13 months till you're marreid to Dr. Bryant?! Good grief. And, the selfish me is hoping the Air Force will bring you closer to Kansas . . . .
    Every time I see the post of your retirement, I think it looks like Dad and I. Not really! I CAN picture me doing that . . . but not your dad!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this post.

    because a. cannot wait for the bachelorette. b. cannot wait for downton abbey!

    ReplyDelete