I always have a gradually growing pile of clothes that either need mending or alterations of some kind on the back of my sewing chair. This weekend, I tackled it, and came out with four (semi) new things to wear!
Exhibit A: Floral ruffled dress from Target, circa 2008.
The Problem: There's nothing wrong with this dress, per se, but I just never wear it as it is. It's one of those things I think I would get much more wear from if it were just a top instead.
The Fix: Literally just cutting off the bottom ruffle.
Exhibit A redone:
Exhibit B: The Dead Flowers Tunic, which you may remember from Day 15 of Self-Stitched September.
The Problem: Weird gaping around the neckline, probably due to the fact that I made this without a pattern and, well, I don't really know how to do that.
The Fix: I gathered each strap and sewed the fabric together to create a sort of cinch.
Exhibit B redone:
Exhibit C: Some black Levi's cropped jeans, circa fall 2009.
The Problem: Leg openings that are flared an uncomfortable amount. I mean, really.
|Too much flare!|
The Fix: Seam rip both legs open up to the knee, and resew so they are straight legged. More like a cigarette pant.
Exhibit C redone (I'm also wearing them in the picture above with both tops):
Exhibit D: The Backless Summer Dress, as seen on Day 26
The Problem: Twofold - I didn't like the way the back didn't meet up in a V at the bottom, and the bow was being troublesome whenever I tried to wear this with a cardigan.
The Fix: Rip that bow right off there. Then rip out the zipper and take it in about a half-inch on each sides.
Exhibit D redone:
|Perfect V! Except my back looks insanely wide!|