Sitting on the couch and not on the bed...moving up in the world
At this point, a month after surgery, I'm happy to say that my life and activities are slowly returning to normal. I can do whatever I want around the house now (except for lifting things, like the laundry basket) and I'm increasing my exercise very gradually with walks every day. It's been confusing, to say the least, trying to figure out how much activity I can/should tolerate, but it feels like I'm healing up now.
Turns out, recovering from your recovery period is kind of brutal! On Sunday, I did two chores: washed some dishes for about 20 minutes, and did some ironing for about 30 minutes. After both, I was so tired, I had to lay down for about 3 hours! It was pretty much the same after our little Long Island trip on Saturday. It's exhausting building your stamina back up!
In other news:
- After much internal debate, I bought Taylor Swift's Red. It's a really sad album. I like it, but she was really feeling lots of feelings when she put this one together.
- I finally finished The Magicians. I still don't know how I felt about it.
- Last week's The Walking Dead destroyed me so thoroughly to my core I'm not sure I'll ever get over it. I'm scared to watch Sunday's episode.
- Friday: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2. I'll see it because I like to finish what I've started, but I'm ready to be finished with that craziness.
- When I'm cleared for exercise again and get the A-OK that I'm all fixed up, I think I'm going to try swimming and yoga, two forms of exercise I don't really have much experience with. Anybody out there a swimmer?