7.26.2012

Stuff I (Think I Will) Like (In The Future): Fall TV

Even though we cancelled our cable, my obsession with TV hasn't waned a bit.  I just love television.  I really, really do.  Which is why I've been avidly following the reports of all the new shows coming this fall, and here are three that I'm prettttttty excited about (along with all my old favorites, of course).

 
The Mindy Project
Mindy Kaling is likeable.  I liked her as Kelly on The Office, of course, and when she would pop up in small roles in No Strings Attached, for instance, but it wasn't until I read her book that I really became a true-blue Mindy Kaling fan.  I would like to be her friend in real life.  I would like to go back in time and have her be a bridesmaid at my wedding.  She's smart, funny (duh), and so genuine - and her writing both in the book and on TV blows me away.  I think all of that is going to be evident in her new show, too.  Also, I like her sparkly dresses, and how she's a hot mess.

Nashville
Tami Taylor as a Faith-Hill-like country singer?  Yes, please.  As an Oklahoman born and bred, I have a soft spot in my heart for country music, and when you add a heaping helping of backstage drama in with it, of course I'm on board.  Also, I spotted Jonathan Jackson (the old Lucky from General Hospital [!!!!]) in this trailer!  My 4th grade self had a gigantic crush on that guy.

 
666 Park Avenue
As I watched this trailer, I said to myself, "This seems like a combination of Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars, but for grown-ups."  Then, about 45 seconds in, I saw "From the producers of Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars."  CALLED IT.  Anyway, this one looks pretty terrifying, so I don't know if I can really watch it since I am not a fan of scary things, but it also has Clay from One Tree Hill and Dave Annable, who Scott just met in a bar last weekend, and also Vanessa Williams, and also the bald guy from Lost, and also I love shows set in New York, so I'm putting my fear aside and watching.  But probably in broad daylight.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Tami Taylor... I have these elaborate fantasies where the Taylors are my parents and just give me loving but firm peptalks every time I need to make a decision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, me too! In fact, I think I want to write down and memorize many of their parental speeches to give to my future teenage children!

      Delete