7.16.2012

Tiny Pocket Tank 3

Third time's a charm...

This is my third version of Grainline's Tiny Pocket Tank (the first is striped, the second is gray). I liked the first two immensely, but this third version is my absolute favorite!
It's made from a rayon challis I got from Fabric.com (now sold out).  I made it a size bigger than my first tank to make it a little roomier, and I thickened the straps by about 1/2".  The Tiny Pocket Tank is such an easy, quick (took me less than 2 hours total), satisfying project, and I'll probably still be making a few more in the future.  Three is not enough.

And as a bonus, here's my first real-life wearing of it, over the weekend:
Date night:  Dinner & a movie at Nitehawk Cinema in Brooklyn.

11 comments:

  1. that is SO cute! i am dying to make one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your glasses are sooo cute! How are you liking them??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love 'em. Wearing them all the time. Marshall has saved my vision!

      Delete
  3. i've been meaning to buy this pattern and now i know i really should!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that print! So awesome. And your hair is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! My third version was my favorite, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazingly made and beautiful couple :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just stumbled upon this post in search of the very fabric you are wearing! I bought like 4 yards (all she had left) from The Common Thread in Austin, TX on a vacation. I have made a Megan Neilsen Darling Ranges Maxi and a Tank like yours, but with Wiksten's pattern. I love the fabric so much, but it looks like I am out of luck for getting more unless some pops up on etsy. Don't suppose you have any left...
    Anyways, I couldn't believe it when I saw the pick, so I thought I better say hey! And of course, how could I not love your tank :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I only had one yard myself to begin with! LOVE this fabric though...if you find more of it somewhere, alert me!

      Delete