10.07.2012

Recharged


I spent the majority of the last week (starting last Monday, all the way through today!) feeling under the weather.  The usual head cold, slight fever, headache, sinus pain kind of thing I get every year when the seasons change from summer to fall and again winter to spring.

So, in the last 7 days:

I have worn make-up twice.
I watched every single show in my Hulu queue.  Most of them in bed.
I finished the last few pages of my book.
I did not pick up a single bit of the mess in the living room.
I spent every evening in, on the couch, with Scott.
I neglected the internet almost completely.
I went through 14 Kleenexes in 3 hours one day at work.
I relaxed as much as I could and let my body fix itself.

I'm renewed and recharged for the days ahead.  Although being sick is the worst, it's also a reminder that our bodies are so amazingly made that they can actually communicate to us when we need to slow down.  Don't forget to listen!

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree! And our bodies are amazing in that they sometimes tell us things that we aren't conscious of. Subconscious thoughts sometimes manifest themselves in the physical, don't you think?

    Glad you;re feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, I'm sorry you were so sick! I hope you feel like you're back at 100% quickly! And I'm glad you took the time to relax and rest your body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it sad that I am envious of your last 7 days? I have felt the same way (dang change of seasons!) but have not been able to slow down. Thinking I need to take your advice...if Haven will let me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even imagine what it's like to be sick but have another human to take care of! I should enjoy that I get the chance to rest and recharge while I can, huh? Hope you feel better soon, Boz!

      Delete
  4. glad youre feeling better darling!!

    ReplyDelete