Anyway, for lack of anything more interesting going on, here's is what I've been up to:
- I started a new book: The Magicians. My cousins sent it to me in a care package, and upon reading the back of it, I thought it sounded exactly like Harry Potter, so I started reading it right away so I could investigate. Right now, it still does seem a lot like HP...in that the main character is a boy who is attending a magic school. But, he's already older than Harry ever was (this school is a university), characters are saying bad words, and the back of the book promises "hedonism"...so I get the feeling we're going to veer away from HP territory pretttttty quickly.
- YouTube vortexes: dangerous things. In the past 24 hours, I've gotten sucked into two:
- a Britney Spears one (I remain wholly convinced that if I could just talk to Britney for like an hour, I could straighten her out for good)
- a Rent one (did you guys know that 2 years ago, they did Rent at the Hollywood Bowl, directed by Neil Patrick Harris, and starring Vanessa Hudgeons, Nicole Scherzinger, and Wayne Brady? I didn't. But now I have watched in its entirety by piecing together very clip of it I could find).
- In the past week, on two of the shows that I watch, someone has fallen over a balcony. Is this a thing that commonly happens in real life? Because it happens on TV all the time. Another thing that happens on TV a lot: people faking their deaths. And when the big revelation comes that they are, in fact, alive and not dead, I've noticed that no one seems NEARLY shocked enough! If that happened in real life, I feel like you would be psychologically scarred for life, right?
- I have completed 23 crossword puzzles, but only 4 of them have been with absolutely no help from Scott or the internet and no cheating. Also, all of them were classified as "easy." So I'm not really sure if that's a statistic I should be proud about or not...
- I am currently 462 blogs behind in my Google Reader. I'm trying my best to get caught up, but if everyone could just not post for like a day or two and give me a chance, it would be much appreciated. :)