2.16.2011

The Chambray Addiction Shirt

Yesterday I talked about making my first real pattern from scratch.  Today, here is the final result!  I made a shirt!  And it fits!  And I did it all by myself (with the help of Cal Patch!)!


I had really been itching for a chambray button-up shirt.  I just love the way they look so casual but put together.  Also, I've apparently just been nuts for chambray for the last 6 months or so (evidenced here, here, and here).


I added a pocket on the left and some tabs to the sleeves so I could roll 'em on up.

Rosie the Riveter!
I've never been a huge fan of the button-up shirt, but now that I have a pattern that fits me just right...that opinion might be changing.
I'm starting to like it when Scott's behind the camera :)
Oh yeah, I also blatantly copied this outfit from J. Crew when getting dressed today.  Except I want her shoes.

Floral tulle mini


3 comments:

  1. I love it! You should do a regular feature on making clothes that look like J-crew or other stores like that for less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so awesome, you're an amazing seamstress and the shirt turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great, Val! I love it. I also love your poses and the fact that Scott was behind the camera.

    ReplyDelete