1.02.2012

The Year of the Greeting Card

I'm doing more than making a New Year's resolution to send more cards this year.  I'm declaring all of 2012 The Year of the Greeting Card.

I never remember birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's Days, Father's Days, etc., until the day is actually upon me.  At which point I can either go pick up a card to send with the obligatory, "Sorry this is late!" message written inside, or I can just not send a card at all. 

I want to stop being the person who doesn't send a card.

This year, I'm going to work really hard to mark my calendar at least a week in advance of all my family's and close friends' significant dates, and send them cards on time.  I'm going to do it all year, and by the end of the year, I hope it will have become a habit.  Which I guess is the hope of basically all resolutions, isn't it?

I'm considering this the first step of becoming more thoughtful and making communication with those I love a bigger priority in my life.  Jo, if you're reading this, you're up first!

3 comments:

  1. I am totally stealing your resolution! What a great idea and something that I really need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I have a friend who gets me cards for every big thing in my life, and it means so much!

    ReplyDelete