8.03.2011

Announcing: Dottie Adele

A six-month-old daydream of mine is coming to fruition.  Readers, after lots of planning, sketching, daydreaming, cookie-eating, and, of course, sewing, my Etsy shop has been born!

I've found myself thinking several times over the past few months that I've just made a dress, or top, or skirt that I love so much, I want to make a bunch more.  And finally, I've decided that's exactly what I'm going to do.  Except, instead of making a bunch more of those garments for myself, I want to make them for other people.  Maybe even for you!

Dottie Adele will be a shop filled with handmade clothing items for women. I want to create pieces that fit effortlessly into a wardrobe. From skirts to dresses to tops, each piece will be easy to wear and simple to style.  You've seen a sneak peek of many of these garments already in the past few weeks! 

Dottie Adele is named after both my grandmothers. Dottie, my Granny, taught me to sew pillows and quilts during some of the favorite summers of my childhood. Adele, my Grandma, has impeccable style and is my, along with the rest of her grandchildren's, biggest fan. The name of this shop is simply a tribute to the talents and love of these women who came before me.

The shop officially opens next Monday, August 8.  I would love if you would stop by and browse around a little!  Come back on Monday for the link, as well as to enter a giveaway I'll be hosting to celebrate!

This blog isn't going to change in what I normally write about - daily life, books, travel, family, friends, etc.  This shop will just be another thing to add to the list!  Thank you for reading, and I hope to see you over at Dottie Adele on Etsy as well :)

11 comments:

  1. Woohoo Val!!! I am so excited for you, and I can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS THAT IS AWESOME!!!! I am so excited for you. I will definitely be hitting up your shop. I just love love love your stuff!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee!! can't wait for Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow.. so awesome! i loooove that you named the shop after your grandmothers :) that is so, so sweet! i can't wait to see your work in your new shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! Congratulations! Can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So proud of you Valerie! Women are going to absolutely love your designs! I can't wait to see what all you've come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for you, Valerie. I cannot wait to see your shop with all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i should invest stocks in this baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. eek! i can't wait. I'm sure it will be an amazing shop! and i love how you came up with the name :)

    ReplyDelete