8.02.2011

Little Tiny Shoes for Whatever Relation My Cousin's Baby Is To Me

Growing up, I was really lucky to have a girl cousin on each side of my family that was my exact same age (weirdly, both of them were also named Amanda).  Because of distance, I don't get to see my cousins more than once a year, if even that, but I was so happy to get to have dinner with some of them while I was in Denver last month!

She wasn't showing too much then, but my cousin Amanda and her husband J are having a baby in November!  When I received an invite to her baby shower in the mail, I got a little sad that I wouldn't be able to attend.  But I got out my one baby-related pattern that I have in my stash and made her baby girl a little something.




The tiny-ness of baby's feet will never cease to amaze me.

P.S.  My mom tells me your first cousin's child is your "first cousin once removed."  She is so good at knowing family relations!

3 comments:

  1. Those are soooo cute! You are a daily inspiration for me to start sewing again! Congratulations to your cousin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are darling. I hope the P.S. is correct! That "once removed", "twice removed" stuff really confuses me. When referring to Baby Polka Dot Shoes, maybe you'd just better say "my cousin's baby". : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your first cousin! And I agree, how can they be so teeny-tiny?! The polka dots and little yellow ribbons are darling. Cute, cute, cute.

    ReplyDelete