3.14.2014

Rainbow Baby Quilt

I finished sewing something!!!
Just as I thought it would, this took me weeks to finish in between taking care of AA all day (and the fact that I go to bed at 8:30, right after he does), but despite how long it took me, I am so pleased with it!

Someone else seems to be pleased with it too:
I used 56 squares from a Michael Miller Charm Pack for all the colors (left out most of the bolder colors so it would be a little more subdued), and then just an ivory colored quilting cotton for the border, back, and binding.
I decided to quilt it diagonally and love the subtle triangles it creates all over the quilt.
Scott thinks there are too many "girl" colors, but realllllly there's almost exactly 1/3 "girl" colors, 1/3 "boy" colors, and 1/3 neutrals, so it's the most neutral colored quilt it could possibly be!
What a little baby model I've got.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I just may have been bitten by the quilting bug...

3 comments:

  1. yessssssss! new quilting endeavors, here you (we?) come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep saying "I'm not gonna quilt. I'm not gonna quilt. I have no patience for quilting"

    And then I learned about the jelly roll race. And then I became enamored. But I have still avoided it! :)

    Love your quilt! So cute!!! He will have fun with all those colors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh, I don't know about the jelly roll race...enlighten me! (Except then I might get sucked into quilting even more!)

      Delete