3.25.2014

Another Quilt for a Little One

I'm on a roll with little quilts over here!
I loved the look of the rainbow quilt I made for AA so much, I decided to repeat the basic pattern for the upcoming 1st birthday of some of our dear friends' daughter.
I used 5" squares in 4 colors [mustard, coral, cream, and grey] for the center, added a 5" border in a very pale green with white stripes, and used a white & grey patterned fabric for the back and the binding.  [The border and back fabrics are remnants from my 20 Year Quilt I finished last summer!]
The center squares are placed completely randomly, and there were a few more each of the grey and the cream, so it took a lot of rearranging to get it to where no two adjacent squares were the same color.  Good thing I love a challenge :)
Hope this can become a favorite blanket for a very sweet one-year-old girl!

2 comments: